All latest versions of Windows, including Windows 11, include several built-in screenshot capabilities. While you may easily snap a screenshot on your Windows 11 computer using native features, you can also use a variety of third-party programs to take a full-page screenshot. They provide more handy features for saving, editing, and annotation. Furthermore, third-party apps are the only option to snap scrolling screenshots with Windows 11, as the feature is not available natively in Microsoft’s latest Operating System.
We’ll look at all of the ways to screen capture Windows 11 PC in this article. This includes all of Windows 11’s default screenshot methods as well as the most efficient Windows snipping tools like TweakShot Screen Capture to easily screen capture for Windows. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at the several methods you can take screenshots on a Windows 11 PC.
5 Outstanding Methods To Take Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11
1. Press the Print Screen button:
The simplest and fastest way for taking screenshots requires no prior preparation. However, it only works if you want to share a screenshot rapidly via the internet or to an image editing program.
- On your keyboard, press the Print Screen key to copy a screenshot of your entire screen to the clipboard. However, there will be no sign.
- The screenshot will be pasted if you press the Ctrl + V keys over any field that accepts photos. After then, you can share it.
- Instead of pressing Alt + Print Screen, press Alt + Print Screen to take a picture of the current window in focus.
2. Take a picture and save it as a file:
- There’s also a technique to capture full-screen screenshots and store them automatically. To do so,
- Press Windows + Print Screen to capture a full-screen snapshot to your default Pictures folder’s Screenshots folder.
- The image will be saved as a PNG file. You may also make a shortcut to the screenshot folder on your desktop for faster access.
3. Take a screenshot of a specific region:
You may screen capture for Windows of any area on your screen with Windows 11, but you’ll need the Creators Update on your PC to do so. we are talking about 5 Outstanding Methods To Take Screenshots on Windows 10 and 11.
- To start the area screenshot-taking tool, press Windows + Shift + S. Your background will be obscured and you will see a crosshair.
- Now use your mouse to choose the area you want to snap a screenshot of. The screenshot of the specified area will be copied to the clipboard when you let go.
- control + shift + s is a combination of the words “control” and “shift
- Simply paste the screenshot into any image area to share it.
4. Make Use Of The Snipping Tool To Screen Capture Windows:
With Windows 10, Microsoft offers Snipping Tool, a far more flexible screenshot application.
You can take a full-page screenshot as well as another screenshot with Snipping Tool and save it as an image file without first pasting it into another program.
- From the Start menu, select Snipping Tool.
- Click on New and from the drop-down menu, select the kind of screenshot you want to take.
- Select the area you want to screen capture on Windows.
- When you have taken the screenshot, navigate to “File” > “Save As” to save the screenshot.
5. Use TweakShot Screen Capture:
- TweakShot Screen Capture is by far the best snipping tool for Windows. Instead of attempting to capture screenshots the traditional way, use the most comprehensive screen capture and video recording software available.
- TweakShot Screen Capture allows you to snap screenshots of an open window as well as select a rectangle and capture a page. Basic editing options for cropping, scaling, and highlighting your screenshots or recorded videos are also available in TweakShot Screen Capture.
- The following are some of the features provided by TweakShot Screen Capture:
TweakShot Screen Capture’s Advantages:
- It allows you to create and edit videos and photos.
- Let’s take a screenshot of a single or scrolling window.
- Allows the user to choose from a variety of colors on the screen or in photos.
- The screenshots or videos that are being captured are saved automatically.
- Hotkeys are also provided so that the screenshot can be taken quickly.
- Allows users to save captured screenshots to Cloud Storage.
- It lets you take full-page screenshots, screen capture specific regions, snap a specific window, take scrolling screenshots, etc.
Wasn’t it simple? Taking full-page screenshots, screenshots of active windows, and scrolling grabs are all commonplace nowadays. While many of us prefer the above-mentioned manual methods, some prefer screen capture software. TweakShot Screen Capture is one of the most popular programs for quick screen capturing in Windows.