In childhood, when children are taught about etiquette and habits, one of the first things that they are introduced to is hygiene. Oral hygiene, bathing, and washing hands are some of the primary aspects of growing up and maintaining throughout life. Why are these important? It is because of one reason – germs and infection. Keeping yourself clean and getting rid of all the dirt and unsanitary aspects after a long day is vital for good health.
Why bring up this topic even today – Looking at the ongoing situation worldwide, the large-scale spread of viruses through different mediums, and the devastation germs can cause, it has become even more vital to bring up this topic. The relevance of this topic may never decrease as there is no control over the spreading of diseases and germs even in the future. Techniques about washing hands properly will always be one of the top priorities from childhood till one’s lifetime
How can washing hands help
The major mode via which germs spread is through the air and contact. It also spreads from person to person or touching surfaces. Thorough and regular hand washing will be of great help to prevent the spread of germs and diseases.
Improve hand hygiene by following these tips
- There are a few steps that you must follow to be able to give your hands the sanitation and hygiene that is required.
- Wet your hands in running water and take a small amount of hand wash into your hands
- Lather it well by scrubbing and rubbing your hands together with the soap.
- Make sure to lather in between the fingers and under the nails as well as the back of the hand.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20-30 seconds before rinsing it off.
- An underrated but important part would be to make sure to wipe your hands using a clean and dry towel.
2. It is not always possible to find a clean washroom to be able to wash your hands, especially if you are out. In case you are traveling and need to maintain hand hygiene before you eat, the best practice would be to carry a couple of hand sanitizers with you. If you are someone who prefers to use sanitizers regularly, you can opt for a natural and herbal product. At times, sanitizers can also leave your hands feeling rough.
Herbal Strategi’s Nature clean sanitizer takes care of your hygiene and also leaves your hand remaining soft and supple. Another added advantage could be that these are smaller in size and can easily fit into your bags, and purses or can be kept in the car during traveling.
3. Follow these protocols regularly. CDC has given a special set of criteria for when you should particularly be following proper hand hygiene:
- Before, during, or after the preparation of food
- Before and after eating food
- If you are a caregiver for someone who has diarrhea or vomiting.
- Before treating or tending to a cut or wound
- After using the toilet, especially in public bathrooms
- Before taking care of or coming in contact with a small child
- After blowing your nose, sneezing, or coughing
- After tending to animal waste
- Before and after handling pet foods or treats
- After taking out or throwing garbage.
4. Hand Hygiene in Public places
Hand hygiene may not always be centered around washing hands or sanitizing them regularly. There can be one more way in which proper hand hygiene can be maintained. This is particularly related to public places. In recent times, one needs to be even more cautious in public and be sure to not let their guard down. Germs can also spread from contact with certain places like elevator buttons, escalator banisters, bathroom door knobs, door handles at movie theaters, restaurants, etc.
These are some of the places that have been most used as people have started going outdoors again. It would be of utmost importance to be careful of maintaining hand hygiene when you are out in such places. Avoid direct contact with hands wherever possible. Use tissue paper or your elbows to make sure you are not touching anything unnecessarily, thus, avoiding the infestation of disease-carrying germs. In case touching such high-risk places is unavoidable, be sure to use the herbal hand sanitizer that you have carried in your bag.
Proper etiquette and maintenance of hygiene especially in today’s times are vital for healthy survival. Keep yourself and your family safe by making sure that all the right equipment is in place for proper well-being and sanitization. Use ample liquid hand-wash soaps and spray the sanitizer well on your palms to cover every inch of it. Live a healthy lifestyle with all the necessary precautions and safety measures.