So what to do if you are stuck in the snow, and how to behave? There are many tips on this matter. Here are some of them:
- Increased revolutions of a cold engine, supported by a “suction” or “injector,” will prevent you from getting under pressure on a slippery road. The main rule is to keep the steering wheel straight in the direction of travel and go in tightness.
- To move a car stuck in the snow, sometimes you need to get out and push the snow out from under the wheels. Having received the slightest opportunity to overclock, you can continue the journey.
- If the car starts to slip, stop and try to go in the opposite direction. Slowly and by little, you can roll out of a rut, giving you room to speed up and overcome the snow obstacle.
- When you start the car, grooved floor mats can be placed under the drive wheels to increase traction. Remember to return for them when the vehicle gets out of the trap.
- To ease the next start-off, stopping in the snow, you cannot brake sharply – the tires do not form a smooth track under them. Moreover, the wheels will not get stuck in uncompacted snow under the action of the car’s inertia.
best truck tyre brands
You can only slip in one place for a short time if you have an automatic transmission. Try to go ‘swinging.’ Memorize the selector R and D positions so that you can quickly and without looking to switch between these modes. If there are so-called fixed stages ‘1, 2, 3’, swing in R and 2. And remember – you cannot give much gas in the snow; you must press the gas pedal very smoothly and lightly.
- In winter, it is helpful to carry a wide janitor’s shovel with you. It is more effective than sapper, folding, and other children’s shovels.
- If you can’t get out of the snow captivity, you must ask for help. It is safer to ask passers-by to “push” your car. Remember that it will be easier to pull out if you use the clutch correctly. It would be best to leave it “in the swing” so the car swayed forward and backward. To perform this action, it is necessary to alternate the clutch – gas.
- If you tow with a cable, the main thing is to take your time and do everything smoothly, especially for the car that will rescue you. If your vehicle is not new for a long time, first check that the cable eyelet is securely fastened. Include first gear and begin to move away at the moment when the cable starts to stretch.
- best truck tyre brands
TIPS FOR NEW DRIVERS:
- At the beginning of your driving experience, it is better to speak, not to be impudent, but to let everyone pass when you even slightly doubt the correctness of actions, especially at intersections.
- The following rule applies to beginners and experienced drivers: do not talk on your mobile phone while driving. If the call is urgent, it is better to stop talking and only then continue driving.
- Remember to equip your vehicle with the corresponding tires. Suppose you own a truck and conduct thorough research on your region’s best truck tire brands.
- Please only rush to start an action once you are sure it is safe to perform. Many nervous drivers can honk or blink a high beam so that you, for example, miss it or start moving away from a traffic light. Before reacting to all this, make sure it is safe. Indeed, in the event of an accident, only you will be to blame, not the one who urged you on.
- best truck tyre brands
But you will only become a professional in a year or two. Some two years later become virtuosos of their craft, and some, having studied all their lives, lose control of the car in a non-standard situation.