Reasons why Custodial Training Important:
In big urban cities, experienced and certified janitors have stepped up and willing to conduct the training sessions, but this does not happen in small communities.
The Benefits for Individuals Wanting to become a Custodian:
The Three Reasons one Must consider to become a custodian:
The Many Tasks a Custodian has to Perform:
- Keeping the property or building clean and in an orderly manner.
- Perform the cleaning duties and maintenance activities sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming the floor.
- Gathering the dirt, dust, mess and emptying the trash.
- Clean and sanitize the restrooms.
- Clean the glass materials such as windows, doors, and partition with suitable cleansers.
- Dusts the furniture such as cabinets, tables, chairs, and shelves.
- Carefully following the defined procedure when using power equipment to prevent any damage to the floor and equipment on the property.
- Clean and polish the furniture and fixtures.
- Wash and steam dry the rugs and carpets.
- Removing snow and ice from the walkways.
- Manage the inventory of supplies.
- Notify the owner of the property of any minor or major fault or damage.
- Putting on a gown that has Velcro on the top and at the waist.
- Next, you have to put the face mask on.
- Then put on goggles and hand gloves.