- whether or not they are related to him;
- whatever their age;
- whether it is a natural or legal person (for example an association).
Obligation to find beneficiaries of life insurance:
- For 10 years, the funds kept the insurer.
- Beyond that, they are transferred to the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations.
- If at the end of 30 years, no one has come forward as the beneficiary of the contract, its capital becomes the property of the State.
How to claim the benefit of life insurance?
If you think you are the beneficiary of life insurance, you can check it with Agira (Association for the Management of Information on Risk in Insurance), which is in particular in charge of finding the beneficiaries of insurance contracts. unclaimed life.
- You can contact the Agira via an online form, or by mail giving them your contact details, the names, first names, date of birth, and death of people of whom you may think to be the beneficiary. Remember to attach a copy of their death certificate.
- The Agira then has 15 days to process your file and question insurance companies, mutual funds, provident organizations, etc.
- The establishments contacted by Agira have one month to examine this request and to contact the beneficiary if they find one.
a copy of your identity card;
a copy of your marriage or PACS certificate, if the insured was your spouse;
possibly an act of notoriety drawn up by a notary.