Dubai is widely recognized as the commercial capital of the United Arab Emirates, facilitating various business industries. Over the past twenty years, the economic, trading, tourism, and logistic segments have undergone significant growth, contributing up a larger part to the global economy. Keeping in view the large chunk of international trade coming from all across the world, Dubai continually fosters confidence in entrepreneurs to start their business setups and trade support services in Dubai.
However, when you plan to enter the UAE market, you must familiarize yourself with the fundamental aspects of the LLC Company Formation in Dubai. Choosing business activities, appropriate jurisdictions, legal structures, trade licensing, etc., are just part of it. You can learn about the complete process by consulting local consultancies services in Dubai. For the benefit of ease, our current focus of study will be looking into some of the most crucial factors of trade license in Dubai.
There are a lot of concerns that will need your attention when getting trade support services in Dubai, some of which include:
- What types of business licenses are available for you in the UAE?
- Which trade license is most suitable for your business setup?
- How can you apply to get your business license in Dubai?
Let’s address these concerns one by one:
Types of Business Licenses in the UAE:
New business investors in the UAE mainland need to consider the four general categories for their importing, exporting, or trading endeavors. These licensing options include:
- Professional License: This needs professionals involved in service-oriented businesses and has a comparatively low issuance fee.
- Commercial License: This need for professionals involved in the trading of products and services and is most commonly issued by merchants to carry out various trading activities.
- Industrial License: This requires by the companies or factory owners involved in the manufacturing of products. Besides DED, you may need to get extra permits from various governmental authorities, depending on the type of business activity you wish to pursue under this category.
- Tourism License: This requires for all the professionals involved in tourism activities; inbound tourism and outbound tourism. This licensing was issued by the Department of Tourism and Commercial Marketing (DTCM).
Choosing the Suitable Trade License for Your Business Setup:
Several variables in your company registration process and rental meeting space in Dubai influence the type of license you may need for your business setup. So, it is essential to take your time and get assistance from company formation experts like Corporate Business Services (CBS) to understand the best alternatives for your business clearly. Selecting a suitable license may require you to scrutinize every step of the process, but it will significantly save your time, efforts, and cost over the long run.
The Process to Apply for Your Trade License in Dubai:
New investors can seek help from the company formation experts in the UAE to ensure all the following requirements fulfill effectively when applying for a trade license in Dubai:
- Outline and enlist your business activities to ensure they comply with the local laws.
- Choose an appropriate trade name for your company following the naming conventions in the UAE. Your company name should be such that it defines your business activities.
- Choose the category of your Economic Zone; Fee Zone or Mainland.
- Select the jurisdiction that supports your business setup.
- Choose the legal structure of your company. The most commonly pursued legal structure in the UAE is the Limited Liability Company (LLC).
- Choose a local sponsoring partner that is reliable and trustworthy. It is crucial to have a good relationship with your sponsor to avoid conflicts.
- Decide on all the legal terms through a Memorandum of Association (MOA) with your local sponsor to secure a safe position throughout your partnership agreement.
- Rent or buy your office space in a location that will support your business activities. Having a tenancy agreement is imperative as it protects you against tenancy disputes.
- Submit complete documentation for your trade license application to the Department of Economic Development (DED).
After submitting complete documents and paying your dues, your application to get a trade license in the UAE will process in a week. New investors may find this process intimidating. But, in such circumstances getting support from the company formation experts for trade support services and other company formation procedures can help you simplify this maneuver. Partner with the local consultancy services so you can focus on other duties for a more progressive approach towards your business.