For OVHC/OSHC for Australia, people around the world plan to study, work and settle in Australia. Because of its rich culture, quality education, employment opportunities, lifestyle, nature and more.
It is mandatory to maintain adequate health insurance before applying for any Australian visa. If someone does not buy health insurance, they will become ineligible to apply for any visa.
*Belgium, Finland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, the Republic of Ireland, Slovenia, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Types of Health Cover
There are two types of health cover; they are as follows.
- People planning to migrate to Australia through student visas must purchase Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) policy before processing their visa applications.
- People planning to migrate to Australia through visitor, tourist, business, work or any visa other than a student visa are required to purchase Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) policy before processing their visa applications.
What are OVHC | OSHC Policies?
The OVHC/OSHC policies will cover the person’s hospital and medical expenses for their entire stay in Australia, with primary advantages like doctor visits, medications, some hospital treatments and ambulance services.
Yet, the policies will not cover the expenses of dental, optical and physiotherapy. If someone wants to cover these expenses under their OVHC & OSHC, they are required to pay an extra price for these extra advantages because these (dental, optical and physiotherapy) are included under extras.
Who will be Covered?
OVHC and OSHC policies include three covers: single, couple and family:
- Single — In single cover, only the visitor or student visa holders are covered for the health insurance policy.
- Couple — In couple cover, in both OVHC, OSHC policies, the visa holder (visitor or student) and their partner or recognized de facto partner would be covered.
- Family — In family cover, the visa holders (whether visitor or student), their partner or recognised de facto partner and one child below 18 years old would be covered.
Things to Consider
When planning to buy the OVHC | OSHC policies, one needs to consider these things as follows.
- Search for top-leading health insurance providers.
- Compare OVHC and OSHC policies from various providers.
- Try to cover extras.
- Read the claims.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the policy cover.
- Go for something other than the cheapest.
- Can transfer the policy from one provider to another.
Before purchasing OVHC or OSHC policies, one may read the information above. It will help understand what to do or not know while buying the policy. If want to know more about health covers in Australia, feel free to get in touch with Budget Policy.
Budget Policy is a third-party company assisting thousands of people yearly to get the best policy according to their profile, providing high-quality services to their clients, and providing the policy at lower than market price.