The health of the gut represents the health of our other organs. If our digestive system is unhealthy, we are prone to many diseases. Our skin, sleep cycle, brain, heart, and immune system are mainly affected by the condition of the digestive system. Eating proper food and a balanced diet can help you eliminate diseases. If a person is eating junk, he is prone to many digestive problems. Food poisoning, chronic constipation, gastroesophageal reflux disease, chronic diarrhea, and ulcers are some of the most common digestive issues. This article will explain digestive problems and their impact on health:
It is a condition where bowel movements are less frequent than usual. The stools become stiff, and it isn’t easy to pass them out. It mainly happens when the routine dietary changes. If a person takes a low-fiber diet, he will experience constipation. Chronic constipation is the difficulty in the passage of stools for three weeks. Constipation usually starts with an insufficient intake of fibers. Abdominal pain and bloating are also experienced by the patient.
When trying to pass the stools, the intensity of the pain can be more significant. The online doctor helps by suggesting high fiber intake, drinking fluids, and eating fruits. For severe conditions, medication is also given to the patient. Constipation does not let you sleep peacefully because of the intense pain.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease:
It is another common digestive issue. People experience heartburn after eating spicy food. If you are experiencing it more often, you need to check for GERD. A medical professional can quickly diagnose the problem because of its symptoms. But if the condition is not improving, they also suggest other tests.
- The most common presentation of GERD is heartburn.
- Uncontrolled GERD can ruin the lining of the esophagus.
- This further leads to bleeding. It is also seen that sometimes this condition causes extreme pain in the chest. It is often mistaken for a heart attack as well.
- GERD affects your health a lot.
- With intense pains, your performance at work affects you significantly.
- Doctors usually recommend a lifestyle change to patients with GERD.
- Over-the-counter medicines are also recommended by the doctor.
- The patients were told to avoid food for two hours before bed.
Peptic ulcers know to cause by many factors. These include taking the stress and eating spicy food. Research has shown that these ulcers are caused mainly by the bacteria present in the stomach. Another reason for their occurrence is taking over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The bacteria and the heavy use of NSAIDs damage the stomach’s mucus lining.
The protective lining of the mucus prevents the attack of acid.
The acid will start eating the stomach lining when it is not there.
These sores are usually difficult to resolve because they form inside the abdomen. They are extremely painful and affect the quality of sleep. They make you avoid all the food you like.
- On bad days, you might have to take off from work because the pain will not let you work. Proton pump inhibitors medicines give to treat this condition.
Diarrhea is a serious digestive problem. This is impossible to ignore. It causes a severe hurdle in your daily activities of life. It is a condition with loose, watery stools. It is diarrhea if you have 3 seats with a loose consistency. There are two types of diarrhea. Acute and Chronic diarrhea. Acute diarrhea lasts for about 3 to 5 days.
The chronic one may last longer than that. It can cause by food intolerance, allergy, viral or bacterial infection, and intestinal diseases. It can also be a serious sign of an underlying problem.
- If it is frequent and painful, it can be a sign of intestinal infection and functional bowel disorder. Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, cramping, and bloody stools are the common symptoms of diarrhea. The doctor helps in curing diarrhea by recommending ORS and replacing lost fluids.
Prevent Your Child From Having Diarrhea?
Always keep proper hygiene habits in mind, especially regarding handwashing. Ensure that all feeding equipment is properly cleaned at all times. Make sure you’re providing your child the right amount of additional nutrition (formula milk) and that the amount you’re giving them is suitable for their needs and age.
Nutritional support can improve your child’s natural protection against most infections. Friso® Gold contains Frisoshield, a formula that provides supporting nutrients, including Vitamins B6 and C, Selenium, GOS, Zinc, and DHA, to help your child grow stronger from the inside out, leading to more excellent protection on the outside.
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases:
This disease is a condition where any part of the stomach is subject to chronic swelling. There are 2 types of IBDs. Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. The small intestine and colon affect by Crohn’s disease. While the latter affects the colon only. It decreases the quality of life by causing other ailments as well. Abdominal pain and diarrhea can also be frequently observed in this disease.
The symptoms of this disease include incomplete bowel movements, inadequate weight loss, loss of appetite, and night sweats. Rectal bleeding is also observed in patients with IBD. It is vital to get it treated as soon as possible. If delayed, your GI tract might get destroyed. This disease makes you uncomfortable all the time. A feeling of permanent uneasiness is there. Sudden weight loss makes you weak. It can also take away your ability to focus on work as well.
This condition occurs when your digestive tract says sorry to certain kinds of food. This is not like an allergy. In allergy, your respiratory system affects, and hives form. In food tolerance, only digestion gets impaired. Bloating, vomiting, diarrhea, and irritability are this condition’s most common signs and symptoms.
- This illness is usually diagnosed by keeping track of your diet.
- Celiac disease is a kind of food intolerance where people cannot tolerate gluten.
- They only eat a gluten-free diet. This condition takes away the liberty of people to enjoy food made up of wheat.
- It also causes many skin problems and joint disorders. The way to avoid this is by not eating what your digestive system cannot tolerate.
Digestive problems are pervasive in today’s world. They affect your mental health and other organs as well. Your productivity reduces significantly by diarrhea, Food Poisoning, and IBD. These diseases can ruin your mood as well. In the long run, if these problems are treated, they can also cause joint disorders and skin problems.