It Is created by Guido Van Rossum. It was first released on Feb 20, 1991. Since then it has evolved a lot. Many contributors around the world have contributed to developing python further. Due to its open-source nature, anyone can contribute. We all know python as a large scale but the python programming language did not get its name from there. Instead, the name has come from an old BBC television comedy series named “ Monty Python’s Flying Circus.”
Attributes on which python base:
- It is easy to use and at the same time, it is as powerful as other programming languages.
- It bases on open source technology so anyone can contribute.
- Easily understandable code as written in plain English. It’s just like reading the English language.
- The extensive library makes it easier to write code.
- It is suitable for everyday tasks as it requires very little development time.
Features of python:
- It is basically an easy and readable language.
- Programs are less complex as compared to other programming languages like Java, C++.
- Based on open source technology so anyone can contribute to its development.
- It is currently the most widely used high-level programming language.
- Based on an object-oriented programming approach.
- Its uses in almost everyday tasks.
- Its uses by almost all tech giants like Facebook, Google, NASA, Amazon, Instagram, etc.
- It provides a programmer with a huge library.
Where is python use?
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Data analytics
- Web development
- Data science
- Building application
Artificial intelligence and machine learning:
Being easy to code, Python uses largely in developing AI and machine learning. It provides a rich library for AI and ML. AIs are basically machines that develop themselves with inputs from the data. Python provides an excellent framework for developing AI and machine learning applications. From the start of the project to its development, implementation, and maintenance, the python programming language provides everything. Few examples of machine learning are facial recognition, online fraud detection, automatic translation services to name a few.