Due to specific errors, users cannot open QuickBooks files in the QuickBooks desktop software. Since the work relates to accounting, every minute is essential. So, if you are facing similar trouble and need help opening a Quickbooks file in your QB desktop software, we will tell you everything you need to know. The question about whether a Quickbooks file can access without Quickbooks desktop software is something you must be pondering about.
The straightforward answer to this is Yes! You can open a Quickbooks file without a Quickbooks desktop. As a QuickBooks user, you must know how to access your QuickBooks file without the Quickbooks desktop software to avoid end-moment crises. QuickBooks file without using the QB desktop. The only thing that you need to ensure is following the steps mentioned below carefully.
Technically speaking, although you might face specific errors like the QuickBooks error the file exists, which will prevent you from opening your files in Quickbooks, such issues can resolve. As a best practice, it recommends using only the official software to access your accounting-related information. Many online mediums claiming to open the QuickBooks file can also steal crucial data. However, the method that we have suggested is safe and secure.
How to open a Quickbooks File without QuickBooks Desktop?
Follow to open a QB file without the desktop software. However, you must follow the steps precisely and read the article till the end to ensure that your Qb file remains safe.
Step 1 (Quickbook file):
- The first thing that you need to do is locate the QuickBooks file that you want to open. (Follow steps 1 to 4).
- Once found, create a duplicate copy of the file and place it in an easily accessible folder (Say, My Documents)
Step 2 (Launching Quickbooks desktop):
- Now close all the folders and navigate to the desktop. Double-click on the Quickbooks icon to launch the software. If you don’t have the Quickbooks icon on the desktop, follow the next point.
- Navigate to the start menu, type Quickbooks, and click on the icon at the top to open.
- If you still cannot locate it, go to ‘all programs-intuit-QuickBooks and launch Quickbooks.
Step 3 (Importing the file):
- As a Quickbooks, you must choose the file/ QB company file you wish to open. This file(s) will then require to save on the computer using the Export function of the Quickbooks desktop software.
- To do the same, once you have selected the file, click on the open button and type the user password when prompted.
- Next, choose “Customers,” “Vendors,” or “Employees” (whichever you want) on the top of the window.
- Lastly, click the customer center button after selecting the desired tab (From the above pointer).
Step 4 (Importing into excel):
Once you have followed all the points of Steps 1-3, you will have to import the QBW file to MS Excel Document. To import into excel, follow their points
- On the window from step, you will find an Excel option at the top of the screen; select it
- Now choose the export excel option, and click on it
- When prompted, please assign a name to the file and save it at an accessible location on your computer
- Now click on the Export icon.
Step 5 (Using the older version to import the excel file again):
- In the old version of the software, open the excel file.
- Next, select the excel file and import it again ( You will need MS Excel 2010 or above to do this).
- As a best practice, you should use the latest MS Excel version to open or access the QBW file with Quickbooks desktop.
- When the file is imported, choose the “data” tab. After that, you must click on the “other resources” tab.
- Lookout for the QBW file that displays on the Windows screen and redirects it.
- You will have to search the QBW file if you cannot locate the file or if the file did not display on the window.
- Once the file location is, select a new QBW file.
- Following the steps mentioned above, you can access or open the QuickBooks files without using the Quickbooks desktop software.